Cheers to a new year! 2013 was real good to us. I started graduate school and hunter quit his job to pursue something he's always wanted. It's been a year of big changes and many leaps of faith for us. We've really grown and pushed ourselves to new limits and it's all been worth it.
I can't talk about 13' without mentioning my resolutions for 14'! 2014 I am so ready for you! I think there will be even B I G G E R changes this years and I'm so excited for them... There are some plans in the works that I'll have to unveil later in the year but you'll know them when you see them;)
But here's some little things that I've been needing/wanting to change:
I want to change my eating habits cut out some of that sugary crap (r.i.p. coke slurpies). I know it's cliche but hello work out! I want my body to work for me, I'm still a young bean but I swear I'm already starting to feel it in my bones. (Body, don't go soft on me now we haven't even made a cub yet).
I really want to purse some hobbies like learning how to use photo shop better and challenge my camera skills (or lack there of). I want to find other ways to unwind after a long day instead of watching the boob tube (did your mom call it that too?) I want to read more books, and not just text books, real books. I want to have tea parties (yes, I am 24) but I just love the idea of taking time to chat with my spouse or girlfriends over a cup tea. No other distractions, just some southern hospitality and bonding time. Could the people of savannah, Georgia just adopt me already?
I will take more time to do service for my husband. This guy always makes dinner, never complains when he does laundry, doesn't ask me to shovel the driveway or iron his clothes. He always gives people the benefit of the doubt... I mean like always! He makes me laugh when I'm in pissy mood and is so good at letting me just talk things out, or cry things out (let's be real here). The kid is a gem! Again a cliche but he is my better half! He has so many characteristics that I admire/aspire to have, the man has a heart gold! And mine is like a cheap copper penny..so yeah room for improvement.
So there you have it. Not glamorous but real. What are your goals this year ?! If ya don't have um get some and once ya do write em down or tell your friends so someone can hold you accountable for that gym membership.
It doesn't matter how big or little the goal is, what really matter is how determined you are to change.
Cheers to a new year because the best is yet to come!
I can't talk about 13' without mentioning my resolutions for 14'! 2014 I am so ready for you! I think there will be even B I G G E R changes this years and I'm so excited for them... There are some plans in the works that I'll have to unveil later in the year but you'll know them when you see them;)
But here's some little things that I've been needing/wanting to change:
I want to change my eating habits cut out some of that sugary crap (r.i.p. coke slurpies). I know it's cliche but hello work out! I want my body to work for me, I'm still a young bean but I swear I'm already starting to feel it in my bones. (Body, don't go soft on me now we haven't even made a cub yet).
I really want to purse some hobbies like learning how to use photo shop better and challenge my camera skills (or lack there of). I want to find other ways to unwind after a long day instead of watching the boob tube (did your mom call it that too?) I want to read more books, and not just text books, real books. I want to have tea parties (yes, I am 24) but I just love the idea of taking time to chat with my spouse or girlfriends over a cup tea. No other distractions, just some southern hospitality and bonding time. Could the people of savannah, Georgia just adopt me already?
I will take more time to do service for my husband. This guy always makes dinner, never complains when he does laundry, doesn't ask me to shovel the driveway or iron his clothes. He always gives people the benefit of the doubt... I mean like always! He makes me laugh when I'm in pissy mood and is so good at letting me just talk things out, or cry things out (let's be real here). The kid is a gem! Again a cliche but he is my better half! He has so many characteristics that I admire/aspire to have, the man has a heart gold! And mine is like a cheap copper penny..so yeah room for improvement.
So there you have it. Not glamorous but real. What are your goals this year ?! If ya don't have um get some and once ya do write em down or tell your friends so someone can hold you accountable for that gym membership.
It doesn't matter how big or little the goal is, what really matter is how determined you are to change.
Cheers to a new year because the best is yet to come!

No comments
Post a Comment