I was driving through our neighbor in the wee hours of the morning on wednesday and I saw all these boys putting up flags in everyones grass and I thought "wait wait what's happen" and then it hit me. 9/11. How could I have forgotten?
one of my professors mention something interesting in class that day. he said that seventeen year olds now don't remember 9/11, weird to think about that? just like your parents remembered where they were when JFK was shot. i completely remember where i was when that first plane hit the twin towers. sometimes it seems unreal that a terrorist attack could have happen on our soil. not only do we remember the victims of 9/11 but we also remember the heroes.
i am so grateful for the men and woman who voluntarily risk their lives to protect our rights and freedoms that i enjoy each day.
enjoy your weekend and hold your loved ones close


No comments
Post a Comment